Sooooo, grood!

>> Thursday, August 16, 2007

Here's a pic I took sometime last week of the green onion bulbs I planted back in July. These things are probably the easiest things to take care of. No joke. Just water whenever the soil looks or feels dry....that's it. And they grow like weeds.

I've used the onions a couple of times now; in some miso soup, pita wraps, salads....all bueno.

Joe and I had homemade burritos the other night....we're going through Pepe Delgato's withdrawal....and I bought an avocado to dice up and toss into the creation. I read somewhere a while ago, that you can plant an avocado pit, and it'll grow and make a lovely indoor plant, but won't of course, bear any fruit. The pit is in a pot in the windowsill....waitin' for some germination.

2 comments:

alaskafrances August 16, 2007 2:10 PM  

Mark and I are going to do the green onion thing! Yay!

I've grown an avocado before. You can stick some toothpicks into the pit so that you can balance it on the lips of a glass mayonnaise or peanut butter jar and fill the jar with water... You can see the roots grow that way - it's pretty cool.

alaskafrances August 16, 2007 2:15 PM  

hahaha, Mikki! We commented on each other's blog as almost exactly the same time. :)

I have a purring and sleepy Skelly draped over my arm right now... I'm on my laptop, and his nose is on top of the mouse button. Cute!