Fleece Socks, Tomato Basil Soup, and Grilled Cheese

>> Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Joe and I woke up nice and toasty under the blankets Saturday and Sunday morning amidst a room lingering around 55 degrees. For three days in a row, our high temps didn't break 70 and the evenings cooled down to a chill 53. With windows wide open, we welcomed the cool crisp temps and enjoyed a weekend breaking out sweatpants, long sleeved shirts.....and warm foods.

Joe rolled up his sleeves and was the mastermind behind the homemade tomato basil soup, sprinkled with romano, while I buttered and fried up the grilled cheese. Even a loaf of Irish Bread was made....but we ate it....honey-butter and all.....before I could snap a pic.

2 comments:

J Stu August 23, 2007 1:46 AM  

these are my favorite kind of posts...

made it to CR just fine today. it's 68 here right now. and that's pretty much how it goes year round...

laters...

Alexis August 27, 2007 7:58 PM  

Oh my gosh, how I loved the weather last weekend!! It's back to the same thing up here in NY and I LOVE it. It reminds me of fall in Oklahoma...like in October :)

(Alexis, by the way using my Italian blog to post a comment)