Grandpa in the Sky

>> Thursday, August 2, 2007

Good friend and former trumpet section pal in Pride, Christy, sent me this snapshot today. She's working on her Masters in meteorology at the University of Utah (also my dad's alma matter), and took the picture from her office window. If you look oh so closely at the banner on the crane, perhaps you can make out...

Gr
Gra
Graeh?
Grano?
Granola??
Gramoly?
Gramoll!!!

Indeed, I'm related to the crazy shenanigans working for that construction company and am the proud granddaughter of the man who started it all back in 1962. There are old pictures of my toddler-esque brother and I sporting Gramoll Contruction t-shirts and over-sized hats our grandpa used to give us. Ah the memories. Now Uncle Jim, fourth child of the Gramoll Construction founder, is now the head honcho and is proudly carrying the torch.

Miss you grandpa.

0 comments: