Whoa.......That Dudn't Look Right.

>> Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dislocated the ol' digit playing a mean game of volleyball with fellow bandees. Oh man you should have seen it. The joint that connects the thumb to your wrist looked somekind of inverted, leaving my thumb stuck pointing in a direction....not.....normal.

Ironically(?), luckily(?) we were playing against the medic team, who let out an "Ohhhhhhhhh....." upon seeing my funk of a thumb. After a couple minutes of deliberation, they decided to go ahead and pull it back into place, and told me to head to the emergency room to get an x-ray.

So here I sit, slowly plucking away at the keyboard while catching faint wafts of stink floating from my sweaty casted hand.

Next time it's time to take care of your pearlies, try brushing your teeth with your non-dominant hand. Comical.

3 comments:

J Stu May 01, 2009 11:33 AM  

ruh roh! so sad, M. how long you wearing the stink cast?

Jason Mills May 01, 2009 11:47 AM  

At least it wasn't your playing hand... ;-)

Feel better soon!

alaskafrances May 04, 2009 9:51 PM  

Ok, I love the medic team part of the story... :)
Hope it heals quickly!