Living

>> Sunday, July 1, 2007

Here we have the "Cedar/Fairmount District". Joe and I live on a street that intersects the area and can walk to the many offered amenities within 5 minutes. Yes....this is where the coveted gelateria resides...

BUT!

The other night, Joe and I whipped out our newest gift we received just prior to leaving Sooner Country. Behold, the Cuisinart ICE-20.

This double insulated, 50-watt, cream churning beast will make any frozen dessert your heart desires. Yes, even...gelato. But to test the reins, we decided to go for something basic for the first run. Joe and I mixed up a tub of unadulterated yogurt, a carton of whole milk, a couple of tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of vanilla to create our very own homemade frozen yogurt. Yummmmm. You mix all of the above ingredients in a bowl, put it in the ice cream machine for about 20-30 minutes, then voila, perfect frozen yogurt.

On top of our new delight, we ladeled some homemade blueberry syrup we had thickening up in the fridge. Blueberries up here are so cheap! Only $1.50 for a pint. We even made fresh blueberry pancakes last night for dinner...coupled with strips of Amish bacon we bought at a MASSIVE farmer's market yesterday. I'll try to take my camera the next time I go.

But yes, the frozen yogurt was fantastic and is now a regular evening treat after dinners. Next on the list...pistachio gelato.

2 comments:

Sistahood July 01, 2007 3:42 PM  

Stop! You are making me totally jealous. I thought I was in luck here with the yummiest cantalopes (spelling?) only 20 cents/lb. But blueberries...oooohh..blueberries...and it's over 105 degrees here every day. Maybe we should come visit you guys...soon.

Julie July 02, 2007 1:29 PM  

Sis!!!!
I'm so sad that you and Joe won't be in Norman when I get back. I'm bringing magazines full of French recipes and I'm going to try to make them. My cooking buddies are gone! :( We'll just have to try them when I visit!