>> Friday, June 3, 2011

Mongos

See these little puppies? I am still craving them after being back from Panama for a handful of days. Freshly picked from a backyard tree, these mangoes are so juicy, SO flavorful. I mean, look at those colors?! And I love how they look so "dirty" and imperfect.

Got to eat these, along with star fruit and guava from a family's backyard. Delicious!!

I had such a great time down in Panama. Got to play in a brass quintet for the national music festival held each year in Panama City, coached youngin's as they plowed through Rachmaninoff and Rossini, and visited/played a mini concert at an orphanage. Definitely made me turn my dials back a bit and realize what opportunity and love I have back home.




It's winter down in Panama. Don't let the 90 degree temps fool you.

Had a fantastic time down in mango land. New people, new ideas, new music, new foods. But am thrilled to be back home to Joe and Quinn. Missed them teeeeerribly!!








Grubbin's


2 comments:

Sistahood June 05, 2011 3:30 PM  

Ohhhhhh......fresh mango. I ate so much mango (and papaya!) on my mission that my skin literally turned orange. That stuff is amazing! What a cool trip!

Megan June 06, 2011 9:20 PM  

Dude, those mangoes look amazing!!