*BOOM

>> Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We had ourselves a great 4th of July weekend. The temps peaked at a perfect 76, our pulled pork sandwiches came out faaantastic, and our tuba tootin' friend Ken scored Joe and I free tickets to Blossom's July 4th concert; which gave way to a healthy helping of Sousa marches, some Leroy Anderson, a little Gershwin, and of course....Tchaik's 1812, complete with multiple firings of a real canon.

I've played Tchaik's ever famous piece. A couple times in fact. And even though Ken had mentioned how loud the canon had been during their rehearsals and even though I knew exactly when in the music the canon fires....I still jumped when the trigger was pulled. I jumped.....every time.

Can't complain though! Joe and I had a great time at the concert. With a bottle of tasty a concoction our friend Chubby turned us on to, and a bag of old fashioned strawberry licorice in hand, we had ourselves a grand ol' time.


1 comments:

J Stu July 09, 2008 8:15 PM  

yeah, that chubby dude sounds pretty thweet. 3 buck chuck! just don't drink too much...
token kombucha shot, too! haha. most excellent.